The Residential Tenancies Act, 1997 distinguishes between urgent and non-urgent repairs.
Urgent repairs can be reported at any time by phone: 9847 5916.
If an urgent request happens outside of business hours, please call the Emergency after hours Maintenance phone 0439 577 487
What is an Urgent repair?
- A burst water service
- A blocked or broken toilet system
- A serious roof leak
- A gas leak
- A dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- A failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by the landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering
- A failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity, or water supply
- Any fault or damage in the premises, including fittings and fixtures, that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
- An appliance, fitting, or fixture which is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted
- A serious fault in a lift or staircase in the rented premises
- Any issues with the smoke detector alarms
Information to provide when you call
Have the following information ready:
- your name, address and phone number
- details about the type and location of the repairs
- a time when you will be home to let a contractor in.
A response is provided within 24 hours if the issue has an imminent threat to the tenant’s or safety or there is a risk of serious property damage. (e.g. Fire or Flooding)